This 3-day course covers everything you need to start-up, configure and manage daily operations of Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades systems on the GAiA operating system.
• Introduction to Check Point Technology
• Security Policy Management
• Policy Layers
• Check Point Security Solutions and
• Traffic Visibility
• Basic Concepts of VPN
• Managing User Access
• Working with ClusterXL
• Administrator Task Implementation
• Interpret the concept of a Firewall and
understand the mechanisms used for
controlling network traffic.
• Describe the key elements of Check
Point’s unified Security Management
• Recognize SmartConsole features,
functions and tools.
• Understand Check Point deployment
• Describe the basic functions of Gaia.
• Describe the essential elements of a
• Understand how traffic inspection takes
place in a unified Security Policy.
• Summarize how administration roles and
permissions assist in managing policy.
• Recall how to implement backup
• Understand the Check Point policy layer
• Recognize Check Point security solutions
and products and how they work to
protect your network.
• Understand licensing and contract requirements
for Check Point security products.
• Identify tools designed to monitor
data, determine threats and recognize
• Identify tools designed to respond
quickly and efficiently to changes in
gateways, tunnels, remote users, traffic
flow patterns, and other activities.
• Understand Site-to-Site and Remote
Access VPN deployments and
• Understand how to analyze and
interpret VPN traffic.
• Recognize how to define users and groups.
• Understand how to manage user access
for internal and external users.
• Understand the basic concepts of
ClusterXL technology and its advantages.
• Understand how to perform periodic
administrator tasks as specified in
administrator job descriptions.
• Working with Gaia Portal
• Modifying an Existing Security Policy
• Configuring Hide and Static NAT
• Managing Administrator Access
• Installing and Managing a Remote
• Managing Backups
• Defining Access Control Policy Layers
• Defining and Sharing Security Policy
• Working with Licenses and Contracts
• Working with Check Point Logs
• Maintaining Check Point Logs
• Configuring a Site-to-Site VPN
• Providing User Access
• Working with Cluster XL
• Verifying Network Compliance
• Working with CP View