CCSM is one of the industries highest ranking security certifications. This course is for professionals who want to learn the advanced skills needed to troubleshoot and configure Check Point Security Gateways and Management Software Blades.
- SmartConsole and policy management
- Advanced database management
- Advanced Network Address Translation (NAT)
- VPN troubleshooting
- Kernel Mode and User Mode troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting access control policies
- Troubleshooting Threat Prevention policies
- Optimisation and tuning
- Advanced clustering
- Acceleration debugging
- Deploying IPv6
- Exploring the Postgres Database and querying Solr
- Debugging the object creation process
- Advanced firewall troubleshooting
- Identifying issues with SmartConsole
- Troubleshooting management issues
- Troubleshooting the policy installation process
- Investigating Network Address Translation issues
- Using alternative methods of NAT
- Troubleshooting VPN issues
- Troubleshooting Application Control,
Content Inspection, and IPS
- Evaluating hardware related optimisation
- Troubleshooting ClusterXL
- Troubleshooting Security Gateway failover
- Troubleshooting Management High Availability
- Troubleshooting SecureXL
- Working with CoreXL
- Implementing IPv6
- Obtain a deeper knowledge of the Check Point Security Management Architecture.
- Understand management processes and debugs.
- Understand how GuiDBedit operates.
- Understand how fw monitor captures packets.
- Understand how to use the fw debug process and debug infrastructures for User mode debugging.
- Discuss how to enable and use core dumps.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug SmartConsole and policy installation issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug NAT.
- Understand client side and server side NAT.
- Describe how to configure port mapping services.
- Recognise how to debug VPN-related issues.
- Understand the processes and components used for policy installation and packet processing.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Application Control and URL Filtering issues.
- Understand how to debug HTTPS inspection.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Content Awareness, Anti-Bot and Antivirus, and Threat Prevention software blade issues.
- Discuss how to use the IPS Bypass feature.
- Understand how to to reduce IPS false positives.
- Understand hardware and operating system performance of Security Gateways.
- Understand how to evaluate hardware performance.
- Discover tools used in monitoring CPU utilisation.
- Understand how to monitor cluster status and work with critical devices.
- Recognise how to troubleshoot synchronisation.
- Recognise how to work with accelerated traffic.
- Understand how to use fwaccel dbg and sim dbg.
- Understand how to configure CoreXL for performance.
- Understand how to deploy IPv6.