This course provides an understanding of the concepts and skills necessary to troubleshoot issues which may occur when managing the Check Point Security Management architecture and Security Gateways.
- An Introduction to Troubleshooting
- SmartConsole and Policy Management Troubleshooting
- Monitoring Logging Activity
- Troubleshooting Issues with NAT
- Understanding the Unified Access Control Policy
- Basic VPN Troubleshooting
- Monitoring ClusterXL Connections
- Understanding Identity Awareness
- Monitoring Security Gateway Traffic
- Troubleshooting Issues with SmartConsole
- Troubleshooting Log Connectivity Issues
- Investigating Log Connectivity Issues
- Investigating NAT Issues
- Troubleshooting General Traffic Issues
- Evaluating HTTP and HTTPS Traffic Issues
- Troubleshooting Site-to-Site VPN Issues
- Troubleshooting Clustering Issues
- Troubleshooting Identity Awareness
- Configuring and Testing Identity Collector
- Understand how to use Check Point resources for support.
- Understand how to perform packet captures using tcpdump and FW Monitor command tools.
- Understand the basic process of kernel debugging, and how debug commands are structured.
- Recognise how to use various Linux commands for troubleshooting system issues.
- Recognise communication issues that may occur between SmartConsole and the SMS and how to resolve them.
- Understand how to troubleshoot SmartConsole login and authentication issues.
- Understand how to prevent and resolve licensing and contract issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot issues that may occur during policy installation.
- Understand communication issues that may occur when collecting logs and how to resolve them.
- Recall various tools to use when analysing issues with logs.
- Understand how to restore interrupted communications during heavy logging.
- Understand how NAT works and how to troubleshoot issues.
- Understand Client Side and Server Side NAT.
- Understand how the Access Control Policy functions and how the access control applications work together.
- Understand how to troubleshoot issues that may occur with Application Control and URL Filtering.
- Understand how the HTTPS Inspection process works and how to resolve issues that may occur during the process.
- Understand how to troubleshoot Content Awareness issues.
- Recognise how to troubleshoot VPN-related issues.
- Understand how to monitor cluster status and work with critical devices.
- Recognise how to troubleshoot State Synchronisation.
- Understand how to troubleshoot communication issues between Identity Sources and Security Gateways.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug issues with internal Identity Awareness processes.